[mythtv-users] DVB EPG

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 19:46:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 03:59:22PM +0000, Nick wrote:
> On 31/01/06, Mike Richardson <doctor at mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hiya,
> >
> > How do I disable the EPG update from a DVB card in mythtv-backend? It is
> > interfering with the MFDB update (which has better data?)
>
> Mike,
>
> In case you didn't see my reply to this question in your previous
> thread (I said use the channel editor, but didn't give more detailed
> info):

I replied asking for more details but, not unsurprisingly, I think it got
lost in what, it as to be said, is a pretty busy mailing list. I figured
another attempt with a more obvious subject line might get more attention.

> i) select the channels (one by one) in the channel editor that are using DVB.
> ii) press Enter and you will get the properties for the channel - at
> the bottom is a checkbox to determine whether the channel will use the
> on-air EPG.
> iii) deselect that for each channel, and you should be good.

Done, now waiting to see what happens.

> Alternatively, as Justin pointed out, you can just run a SQL query to
> do this. You can use a query to 'fix' all your DVB channels in one go,
> but it's safer to use the channel editor unless you're sure your query
> will work!

I'm comfortable with SQL but the GUI worked just fine this time, and I found
more setup info. I guess I though that the channel list was for display and
had never tried selecting one and pressing enter. A rather silly oversight.

Thanks to both you and Justin for your help.

Now with two DVB cards, a PVR-250 and two MediaMVPs I think I'll sit back
and actually watch some of this stuff I've been recording :-)

Thanks

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*