[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.18.1 w/ PVR-150MCE Channel change SOUND issue.

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Wed Feb 1 22:49:38 UTC 2006

 > however, for some reason EVERYTIME
 > I first startup MythTV the sound is very distorted (hi-pitched), but I
 > can still make out what they are saying; it's not static, just
 > distorted.

I posted about a similar issue on the ivtv-users mailing list called
"The return of 'tinny' audio in 0.4.2?"  My audio is intelligible
(barely), but sounds like there's a buzz applied.  The distortion starts
within 5 seconds of tuning to a channel.

Things that are the same between us:
0.4.2
PVR-150 card
Composite input (maybe?  I saw that you're using the directv.pl script,
so that implies either SVideo or composite.  Either way, it's the
external audio jacks and we're not using the tuner)

I haven't tried the ivtvctl -q 1 trick yet, but if it works I might have
to make it a part of my external channel change script (temporarily).