[mythtv-users] Temporarily stop all recordings

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Feb 2 05:14:59 UTC 2006

Grant Emsley wrote:
> Is it possible to temporarily stop all recordings for a week or so?
>
> I won't have cable for about a week (long story) and there isn't any
> point in recording static.  But I don't want to delete the recording
> schedules because I'll want them when I get cable back.

There are a couple ways:

1.  Run mythbackend with --nosched to disable scheduling
2.  Go to the Recording priorities screen and hit PAUSE (probably P on
your keyboard) on each schedule and it will go inactive.  This can also
be done anywhere that recording schedule can be edited under Scheduling

Kevin