[mythtv-users] My wishlist for 0.19

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Thu Feb 2 17:53:07 UTC 2006

On February 2, 2006 01:13 pm, Kyle Kelly wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 February 2006 13:30, Mark J. Small wrote:
> > Since version 0.19 seems to be coming sometime soonish, here is my
> > wishlist. Both items have to do with mythfilldatabase (datadirect, North
> > America).  The base problem is that for some Canadian channels, zap2it
> > provides 13 days - 4 hours of data.
>
> I've been having this problem, or a very similar problem for a while (Nova
> Scotia).  My solution is to use svn.  I then edit
> mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp line 3010.
>
> I change
>  "INTERVAL '%1' DAY), INTERVAL '18' HOUR) "

>  "INTERVAL '%1' DAY), INTERVAL '21' HOUR) "
>

> Subversion does a good job of merging my changes every time I update svn so
> you don't have to constantly edit the file.
>
> I think this works because in the states data for new days ends around 6pm,
> but up here it ends usually at 8 or 9.
>
> Hope that helps.

Hey, I'm in Nova Scotia too, in the bustling town of Oxford.  I find the data
goes to 8:00 in the winter and 9:00 in the summer.  The difference is
something to do with Daylight Savings Time I think.

I'm still using 0.18.1, since I haven't bothered to roll my own for three
machines. When 0.19 comes out I'll just set it to collect one less day of
data and it should be happy.

Mark