[mythtv-users] command line Myth

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Thu Feb 2 20:43:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:54:55 -0500
Tom Lichti wrote:

> Ah. It's still not clear exactly what the OP wants. I assumed he had a
> recording from something else that he wanted to add to the database. I
> think you are correct though, in which case I think there was another
> post with better information.
>
> Tom

It was clear to me that he wants to control myth over something like
telnet or ssh, so he can input something like:

record --channel 1 --start 200602071300 --length 120 --name "Battlestar Galactica" --options "do_it_every_week"

So maybe the answer is to wait for 0.19, which according to the release
notes:

"Added ability to control MythFrontend through a telnet socket"

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>