[mythtv-users] Temporarily stop all recordings (SOLVED)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 3 02:24:36 UTC 2006

> > Hmm... Seems I've found a way to answer my own question.  May as well
> > post it for others.
> >
> > Stop the backend, and run mythtv-setup
> > Go to Input Connections
> > Go to Tuner 0 or whatever input you want to disable
> > Set video source to none, finish
> > Restart mythbackend
> >
> > The backend will complain that it can't find any channels in the
> > database, and upcoming recordings doesn't show anything.  I reenabled
> > the input, the the recordings showed up again.  So I can still use myth
> > to watch the stuff I already have recorded, and it won't waste time
> > recording new stuff until I get my cable back.
> >
> i guess you don't read responses much.  Just run mythbackend with --nosched.

I originally added the --nosched to stop recordings from firing off on my
development system since my dev system get a fresh copy of my production
database every morning so it has the same schedules and program guide data.
There are a few issues with --nosched though, in that it doesn't let you
watch LiveTV, and that there are certain places in Myth that don't work right
if there is no scheduler.  I've had it on my TODO for a while to try to make
--nosched just disable recording and still run the scheduler so that LiveTV
and these other features can still work while disabling new recordings from
firing off.  Maybe after 0.19.... :)

--
Chris