[mythtv-users] HDTV component output using nVidia 6200 config

Julian Edwards myth at julian-edwards.com
Sat Feb 4 17:04:51 UTC 2006

Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>> 2. Do I need a modeline for 480p or does this card only need to know
>>> "TVStandard" "HD480p" and "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT"?
>>>
>> I have 6600.   I use "TVFormat" "HD480i"  and it works without modelines
>> for my television.
>>

> Yup, shouldn't need a mode line for the component dongle.

Does anyone know if there is a way to override these HD modes' refresh
rate at all?  Do these TVFormats completely ignore the modelines?

The reason I ask is that I am in the UK, so I need a 50Hz rather than a
60Hz output.  My TV will cope but with all the source material in 50Hz
the picture judders and fails the "ticker" test on CNN et al.

Thanks,