[mythtv-users] OT: modeline question

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:53:19 UTC 2006

Hey guys, probably a dumb question here but I'm on the verge of upgrading
from an old 27" Sony TV to a 37" Sharp Aquos High-Def set.  (LCD)  My Myth
system isn't HD capable (yet), so I intend to use the S-Video output on my
video card to drive the TV.  Eventually, the plan is to get a DVI --> HDMI
cable and drive it that way.  Two questions:

First, can the same modeline be used regardless of connection type?  In
other words, can I use the same modeline for S-Video as I would for HDMI?
(I'm assuming yes, but I wasn't sure if the modeline is dependant upon the
connection type)

Secondly, does anyone have a modeline for a 37" Aquos?  :)

Thanks in advance!

Alex