[mythtv-users] Default Values for MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 Transcoder

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 5 00:38:51 UTC 2006

On Feb 4, 2006, at 5:21 PM, Nick wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I'm pretty sure I haven't touched these settings (don't transcode) and
> they appear identical for all profiles in my DB:
>
> Bitrate: 2200
> Max quality: 2
> Min quality: 15
> Max difference: 3

Much thanks. That's what I had written down but I figured I couldn't
read my own writing because it made no sense that the max quality
would be less than the min quality. I guess the scaling on the
parameters must be different.

Since your setup matches my scribbles I guess it's right.

Of course the real proof is that the resulting mpeg4 files now look
normal, which is not as good as the original mpeg2 files but quite
watchable.

Thanks again.