[mythtv-users] smbmount from XP to FC4

Seth Art sethsec at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:15:56 UTC 2006

Cygwin.  Now thats a very interesting idea.

I have changed my smbfs to cifs and it is working great so far.  Took
about 1 minute for the mounts to recover after the XP machine was
rebooted.   Much better!!  Thank you for everyone who pointed me in
that direction.  It's been a great help.

I might look into using nfs and cgywin down the road.  Each new *nix
machine i put up at my house makes my XP machine look like more and
more of an outcast.  Maybe i should just ditch SMB altogether.  haha.

Thanks again everyone!.

-seth