[mythtv-users] Vampire LIRC????

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Feb 5 19:32:27 UTC 2006

My lirc only works in daytime....  No kidding....

Read on for this bizarre, but true, happening...

I've been using lirc happily for a number of years.  Recently (last
week) I got a shiny new Sharp 37" LCD TV, and hooked it up to my mythtv box.

Everything works fine (except for some unrelated failures) but the
remote only works during daylight.  In the morning, before sunup, no
remote.  During the day, no problem.  At night, after sundown, no remote.

I've not done a scientific study of exactly when it fails, but the
day/night (or rather, light/dark) effect is clear.

Since all worked fine at all hours *before* the Sharp TV arrived, and
now it exhibits this rather bizarre behavior, somehow the TV is messing
with LIRC, but only after dark.....

Has anyone seen this before?

(Yes, this affects both the remotes I have.  I have changed the
batteries.  I have not tried other LIRC receivers; I may bring the one
in from work....)

--Yan