[mythtv-users] HD-3000 artifacts if computer does 'anything' else

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Mon Feb 6 04:03:59 UTC 2006

I have a 2000+ running as a backend with a 500/350 and a HD-3000 all in
the same system. I already figure out that you can't actually have it
with the frontend because if any audio card is in there with it it goes
from lock/unlock constanty making everything unwatchable. But I'd think
you could atleast record from the HD-3000 and say the 500 at the same
time without having to deal with artifacts throughout the broadcast. Or
just using a frontend and having the network adapter doing anything
causes the same thing. It doesn't seem to matter, just 'anything'
happening from another device causes it to make artifacts... Some more
than others but always 'some'.

Is there a way to actually use the seemingly unbuffered hd-3000 cards or
do you just have to plan a huge event every time your going to use it by
making sure you don't do 'anything' else on it while its in use?

GA-7DXR with AMD761/VIA686b hybrid
cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:   43852776          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         10          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:         20          XT-PIC  serial
  5:   25350048          XT-PIC  cx88[0], uhci_hcd:usb1, cx88[0]
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          1          XT-PIC  acpi
 10:   50232179          XT-PIC  ivtv0, nvidia
 11:   14955193          XT-PIC  ivtv2, Ensoniq AudioPCI, eth0
 12:    1000584          XT-PIC  ivtv1
 14:    7797996          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:   11801903          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:     280804
MIS:          0

No combination of interrupts seem to resolve it. I tried 3 other
moterboards with 3 different VIA chipsets on them... But those last only
a couple of mins with the 500 before VIA handles something incorrectly
and the system hard resets.

-Mike