[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MediaMVP

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Feb 6 04:39:39 UTC 2006

> > Can you automatically skip commercials? Manually FF/REW?
>
> Yep and yep.  Very nice.  My daughters were surprised to

I believe the answer to the first question is a NO.  Support
was added to the Myth protocol to query the commercial skip
list, but it was never implemented on the mvpmc end of things.
This is one of the biggest reasons I hardly use mine.  The
mvpmc can not automatically skip or even manually skip
commercials using the MythTV commercial skip information.  You
can however use the FFWD key to skip over a commercial
manually, but if I liked doing that I never would have written
commecial detection for Myth.  I have 2 mvpmc boxes and the
lack of commercial skip is the big thing keeping me from using
them much.  I'd rather go into a different room to watch a
recording on a real mythfrontend than have to manually skip
commercials. :)

--
Chris