[mythtv-users] s/pdif sound fc 4

travis moralindignation at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:59:12 UTC 2006

> > http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo might help. I got
> > mine working with this.

Thanks, that is the guide linked to from Jarod's. I tried their
.asoundrc with no luck.

> However, today I tried a config setting that was similar to what I use in
> Xine and I got AC-3 over SPDIF to work. My setting was this in MythTV:
> ALSA:iec958:AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2
>
> It does not matter (I don't think at least), what your .asoundrc is set to
> in this case. This seems to work perfectly for me, but then again I don't
> know if it will for you.

Thank you for the tip. I tried it, still sound just out of internal speaker :(

> I have the latest ALSA and its kernel module installed... and other than
> what tweaks I did on my mixer for sound, I have nothing else set.

I've installed with yum, per jarod, and I've tried to install the cvs,
but couldn't get it to install.

Thanks again for the suggestions.