[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MediaMVP

David Shay david at shay.net
Mon Feb 6 17:10:57 UTC 2006

PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

>>On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 09:24 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>>

>>>Once I have the time (and get my myth box back up),
>>>I definitely will.  I hate lvm...
>>>
>>>Otherwise, it's re-code time...
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>

>>If I followed this thread correctly, and the patch is to enable
>>some commercial skip on the MediaMVP, then I also vote for
>>Paul's time to find it again and make it available... :-) ha-ha

Out of curiousity, how did your patch work?  Did you extend libcmyth to
retrieve the commercial skip map?  If so, how did you deal with frame
number to file-offset conversions?  I added bookmark support to libcmyth
last week and was going to work on commercial skip this week, but even
with bookmarks, there is this whole conversion issue.  I'm thinking I
need to use the info in recordedmarkup to do a conversion, but that
would have to be done on the backend side.