[mythtv-users] How to run a second MythTV installation on the same box?

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 6 18:53:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I couldn't find any information on this topic.

Can anyone outline the issues/approaches to setting up a second MythTV
installation on the same box?

The goal is to be able to test out a new svn version without making the
natives restless.

Obviously it would be nice to have things isolated in a way that one
could switch between the installations easily.  I don't mind sharing the
same data directories (ringbuffer, recordings, etc).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
john