[mythtv-users] PVR-500 image quality and missing channels

Andrew Kuan askuan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 19:07:02 UTC 2006

I ended up going to Radio Shack and buying a "Bi-Directional Cable-TV
Amplifier" P/N 15-2505 for $30.99. The production description states "HDTV
Ready! For use with most digital and analog cable applications including
digital cable modems, digital TV and Pay-Per-View". I figure it's a
reasonable price if it does work and if it doesn't, it's a lot cheaper to
return an item to Radio Shack than it is to return an item to an eBay
seller. I'll keep everyone posted.

For what it's worth, here are the specs from the sheet folded up inside the
package:

Forward Path

   - Operating Freq Range: 54-1000MHz
   - Gain: Up to 10dB