[mythtv-users] Harmony 628 and Silitek SK-7551 IR Keyboard

Kirby Bakken kirby at magnaspeed.net
Mon Feb 6 21:03:54 UTC 2006

I just bought a Harmony (Logitech) 628 remote and am trying to
'program/setup' the remote to driver my MythTV system.  I have a Silitek
SK-7551 (IR) keyboard hooked up.  Has anyone setup anything like this?

The Harmony remotes are 'activity' based.  There are 'Watch TV, Watch
DVD, Record TV' types of activities.  What I'm not sure I understand is
how to control Myth...  The remote can't 'see' the display... so to
syncronize the remote to the 'state of Myth' it seems like you'd need to
send some commands to the IR keyboard receiver such that you know where
you're starting at...  Ok, so one idea might be to send 3 'Esc'
keystrokes, followed by a 'Space' (or Enter)...  I think this would put
you on the 'main' Myth screen.  Then, depending on what theme you had
configured, you could just then send 'Up' and/or 'Down' keystrokes,
followed by a 'Space/Enter' keystroke to, for example, Watch TV.....

Is this the right idea, or is there an easier/better way?

Thanks!