[mythtv-users] Second Monitor

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 21:48:29 UTC 2006

Chris Hembrow wrote:
> unless I'm mistaken, twinview just appears to be an nvidia only
> version of xinerama, and only one of my cards is nvidia. As for
> xinerama cloning, it will quite happily play the video to both cards.
> I'll have to experiment some, and see what happens, unfortunately I
> can't try anything until the weekend (WAF!)

While I have an nvidia card, that's what I do. I run two separate X
windows one to a CRT and the other to a TV running mythfrontend.
If I want to change options in mythfrontend/mythtvsetup I just run it in
the CRT window and change the settings. The TV output continues to run
mythfrontend and the chnages take effect after I restart playback (don't
have to exit mythfrontend) of the TV output.