[mythtv-users] Asus A7V8X-X and Hauppague 500 PVR compatablilty - just looking for a possible answer

Jan Ophey ophey at ram.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Feb 6 22:43:19 UTC 2006

Stephen Kitchener schrieb:
> Hi List,
>
> I have just returned my 3rd Hauppauge 500 MCE Card, they all had the same
> fault, one (The same tuner on each), not working at all.
>
> A thought has occurred, could it be that the motherboard is itself making the
> PVR card non-functional, ie the act of actually using the card in the mobo,
> kills one tuner, I guess that this is a really remote possibility but I
> thought that I would ask the question, especially if there are users on
> mythtv using the same motherboard/PVR card combination.

I use 2 PVR350 on an ASUS A7V800 Mainboard with a Pentium4 Prescott
3.2GHz CPU.
If I enable Hyperthreading in the BIOS the PVRs start to go bad after
about 3-5 minutes (even with Windows + latest Hauppauge-drivers)
Seems like DMA transfers are really weird on this board.

I disabled Hyperthreading and the box now stays up for up to 3 weeks
with no problem at all.

maybe you are running into a similar issue.

hth,
Jan

--
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

Empty set (0.00 sec)