[mythtv-users] MythTV and Satellite

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 6 23:51:03 UTC 2006

BlackCamera wrote:

>  One thing I did was went into mysql and changed all the channel
>frequencies to match what channel 3 was.  Now I'm not sure if that is
>the best way, but that is the way I did it.

You probably don't want to do this (because you'd be better off using
the S-Video or Composite inputs in Myth), but if you are using an
RF-modulated output from your external tuner (i.e. if it's the only
output available), there's a setting in Myth:

Preset tuner to channel
Leave this blank unless you have an external tuner that is connected to
the tuner input of your card. If so, you will need to specify the preset
channel for the signal (normally 3 or 4).

That should be used instead of telling Myth to tune to the same
frequency for every channel.

Mike