[mythtv-users] Microsoft Remote Keyboard

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Feb 7 07:49:02 UTC 2006

> Did anyone get the Microsoft Remote Keyboard working with LIRC?

I got two of these with a recent deal from intel.  A google search
revealed that the receiver is a supported device, but there was zero
information about the keyboard itself.  It's an incredible piece of
hardware (it has better reception than my RF keyboard, even going around
corners and such), and would be an awesome addition to a mythbox.

However, Microsoft seems to have gone out of their way to make it
incompatible with everything except for MCE 2005 (it doesn't even work
with XP).  It also wouldn't be nearly so useful if it didn't have full
integration (mouse, etc), which I'm not sure lirc can provide.

In the end, I decided it was much more in my interest to part with the
keyboards in exchange for a nice system upgrade (I still have one set of
kb+remote+receiver and an oem copy of MCE for sale for about $150 if
anyone is interested).

However, if someone manages to get it fully working before I sell the
second set, I might be inclined to keep it and sell my logitech rf set
instead.

-Chris