[mythtv-users] Using LIRC

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:14:25 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, berthoda <berthoda at utt.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got LIRC working with many softwares such as mplayer, I can use every button I
> configured, but nothing with mythtv. It behaves as if there were no config file,
> but ~/.mythtv/lircrc is here and I described all the functions and buttons I
> want to use inside.
>
> MythTV has been compiled with lirc support I think (there is the line "LIRC_LIBS
> = $$CONFIG_LIRC_LIBS" in settings.pro, I use Epios, Gentoo based for VIA Epia).
>
> Thanks a lot if you can help me, I've been looking for a solution for hours, and
> I didn't find any solution.

Some things I would try:

Make sure mythfrontend has been restarted since lircd was last restarted.
Make sure the keycodes in ~/.mythtv/lircrc match those in /etc/lircd.conf
Make sure '~' is the same user mythfrontend is running as.
Run irw in a terminal window and make sure that your button presses
are being received as you think they should be.
Finally check that mythfrontend really is looking for lirc, using
% ldd /usr/bin/mythfrontend| grep lirc

Regards,

Chris