[mythtv-users] www.mythtv.org updates

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Feb 7 22:55:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, February 7, 2006 23:42, Jason W. said:
> Steve Baker wrote:
>

>> The www.mythtv.org site is very, very static. We are days (hours?
>> :-P) away from a major new release, and the last update on the main
>> page is from May 2005. As someone who is actively watching the
>> message boards, downloading and deploying the SVN versions, and
>> actively using Mythtv, I know mythtv is going stronger than ever -
>> and that its a very exciting time. To the casual observer or shopping
>> around for the right PVR solution however, the front page does not
>> communicate this buzz, or that any progress is occurring at all. It
>> would be great to have more regular updates, and see a bit more
>> information on the main page as to what is going on behind the scenes
>> - and potentially get a few more people excited and involved in the
>> mythtv experience.
>
> I second this.
>
> I almost passed up mythtv as my PVR solution for precisely this reason. I
> use a lot of open source software. I can normally tell pretty quickly if a
> project is stagnant or not just by how often they update their site. I'm
> glad that I looked more closely...because I think the product is
> fantastic...but I would say that a dynamic site would help show just how
> dynamic the project is.

I knew about the product before I ever went to the site, and the regular
updates of knoppmyth told me stuff is happening, so I joined the list and
checked out the SVN, so I knew lots of things are happening...

Had I not known, I would probably have moved on to something like freevo...
(Not that that is a bad product, but MythTV is much better suited for what
I envision as my target solution...)

--
Francesco Peeters
----