[mythtv-users] Question about PVR 350 Video out

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:24:16 UTC 2006

On 07/02/06, scott <scottc7l at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about the PVR 350 and X on Fedora core 4.
> Can I use the the composite output on the 350 or should I use
> the Svideo only?

If your display supports S-Video then you should use it.  It gives
superior quality to composite.

If I remember right the PVR350 puts out both S-Video and Composite at
the same time, via its breakout connector. It's just a case of
selecting the right lead.

> I tried following the wilsonet instructions but I was only able to get a
> test pattern to work and I only tried the composite output
> .  I would like to get composite oe svideo working.

My advice would be to read the guide again.  It's pretty easy to miss
stuff.  Failing that you need to give a bit more information about
what isn't working for you.

It sounds like you have the card working but you need to have channels
configured and the schedule populated before you'll get much out of
mythtv.

Good Luck