[mythtv-users] Need us-Cable-IRC-center-frequencies-QAM256 file

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Feb 7 23:27:47 UTC 2006

Now that I have analog cable working fine I'm trying to set up QAM.
There's a lot of info available, the hardest thing is trying to
figure out what is obsolete, as a lot of it is.

I am trying to get the QAM channel information file referenced in
several places, preferably without having to get "mercurial" about
it. I've looked on the Linuxtv site, I think they have a date problem
with their DLs as most of them claim to be from 2004.

What I need is:

"us-Cable-IRC-center-frequencies-QAM256", or its HRC cousin, I would
assume they are in the same place.

It seems like this would be an extremely common file to want, but I
can't seem to find it. Apparently it is needed to use atscscan on a
CATV system in the US.

Any pointer to its location would be greatly appreciated. A pointer
to a method of setting up a hd-3000 card's channel map without this
file would help as well. As I said, I have searched and found a *lot*
of info but it is contradictory in a lot of cases.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org