[mythtv-users] VMWare and MythTV

Adam Blomfield adman at adman.net
Wed Feb 8 03:27:16 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Are there any tricks to making this work? I installed VMware server on my
notebook (Pentium M 1.8Ghz with 1GB RAM) this afternoon and loaded up FC4
and MythTV in a virtual machine. I got everything working but the video was
*VERY* choppy. I thought it might have been the 802.11g at first, but even
hardwiring didn't fix it. I installed the VMware tools to get the correct
video driver, but still no improvement. All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam