[mythtv-users] XvMC and opengl problems

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Wed Feb 8 07:18:09 UTC 2006

Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> Are you sure the GL module is being loaded in X?  Check your
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log for glx being loaded successfully.  Also, does
> your card support opengl?
>
> -Jerry
Yeah, its loading. I think everything back to the TNT2 supports OpenGL.
The ti4600's are more powerful than a MX4000 or a 5200. Just an older
chipset. I seem to recall having this working long ago but I don't
remember the specifics of what I had when I did it. Although I can't
rule out the possibility that I'm thinking about a time frame when I had
a MX4000 or a 5200 in it, the 5200 burned out and the 4000 just didn't
have the quality of video out that this conexent based video encoder has
so I threw it in another frontend. (it gave wavy lines where as this one
is crystal clear)

(II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "800x600,800x600"
(II) Loading extension NV-GLX
(II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA 3D Acceleration Architecture Initialized
(II) NVIDIA(0): Using the NVIDIA 2D acceleration architecture
(==) NVIDIA(0): Backing store disabled
(==) NVIDIA(0): Silken mouse enabled
(**) Option "dpms"
(**) NVIDIA(0): DPMS enabled
(II) Loading extension NV-CONTROL
(II) Loading extension XINERAMA
(==) RandR enabled
(II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
(II) Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
(II) Initializing built-in extension XTEST
(II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
(II) Initializing built-in extension LBX
(II) Initializing built-in extension XC-APPGROUP
(II) Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
(II) Initializing built-in extension XFree86-Bigfont
(II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER
(II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
(II) Initializing extension GLX
(II) Keyboard "Generic Keyboard" handled by legacy driver