[mythtv-users] VMWare and MythTV

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:25:00 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Steve Daniels wrote:
>

> >P.S. Someone asked me if I could provide them with a copy of an installed
> >KnoppMyth Virtual Machine so they could play it in the player. If I had the
> >upload space, I'd be happy to oblige.
> >

> Even with the free player, can't you just put the Knoppmyth CD in the
> drive and start up ANY VM, and install it over the top of whatever was
> there?

You don't even need to do that. Grab one of the images from the VMWare
site (One of the smaller ones), and edit the .vmx file. You can make
as many, customizable, copies as you like, too.

Alternatively, you could just grab the VMWare Server Beta, which is
also free (Though registration for a "Licence key" is required) and
has all the tools needed to create new Virtual Machines.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston