[mythtv-users] LiveTV, FC4, kernel-smp-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4

Dennis Hand 4hands at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 8 14:25:19 UTC 2006

On Feb 07, 2006, at 19:12, Elwe Singollo wrote:

> At least one other person reported something strange about this, but I
> thought I would let people know that the latest FC4 kernel
> (kernel-smp-2.6.15-1.1830_FC4) seems to do weird things with live tv
> in myth.  I am using mythtv .18.1-117 and ivtv-4.2.101.  Strangely,
> the channel seemed to be stuck on a non-signal channel (had to boot
> into windows, change the tuner chanel with Hauppauge's tool).  Then in
> Myth, I see TV again . . . but, I could not change the channel.  It
> let me input and press enter--it paused like it normally does, then
> the brief guide came on listing the program transparently over the
> video, only the video was the same channel.
>
> When I bring it back down to kernel-smp-2.6.14-1.1656_FC4, the problem
> goes away.
[...]
> In all, there could have been some pretty key changes in the new
> kernel.  I will try to dig into it a bit later, as there will be
> issues as people update.

>Odd. Ran into something similar, but not the same tonight. Just
>booted off the 1830 kernel myself, and ivtv wouldn't ever load the
>firmware file, so at least you're getting further than I am. :) Back
>to 1656, everything works fine. Haven't had time to dig into it
>myself either -- maybe this weekend, along with migrating my master
>backend to a new box w/my beast 3ware 9500s-driven storage array... :)

>--
>Jarod Wilson
>jarod at wilsonet.com

I was just about to post regarding this kernel. I'm using the non smp of this
kernel and I can get sound and video to work on my PVR-250 but when I
change channels, the sound disappears until I get out of the frontend and
then back in again. I've tried everything, nothing works. Any suggestions?
I'm using a Pundit-R with the latest ati-fglrx drivers and kernel-module and
had all kind of GDM and X problems. This looks to be a known problem but
I seemed to have fixed it by using the i586 kmdl instead of the i686.

Dennis Hand

Pundit-R
PVR-250
2.6.15-1.1830_FC4