[mythtv-users] lirc all but irw?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:22:39 UTC 2006

On 08/02/06, Sage A. McGirk <sage at mindcrime.net> wrote:
> The issue turned out to be that irrecord was seeing all my inputs, but
> then failed when generating a lircd.conf.  I had to run it in raw mode in
> order for the lircd.conf to be generated.  All is working now, including
> the popular, having to hit a button twice for it to be registered :p

If you are using a Hauppauge remote, you should be able to use the
lircd.conf definition that comes with LIRC. The Hauppauge remotes use
the RC5 control set so you should not need to record your own file
using irrecord at all. This might also clear up your button pressing
issue, although I've never seen >1 button press for each action
(typically each press of the button results in >1 event being sent,
which is why there is a 'repeat' option for lircrc so that for
'repeat' numbers of events received, only 1 event is actually
processed.)

Nick