[mythtv-users] Jason Beck's QAM guide Now on the Wiki

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Feb 9 16:06:54 UTC 2006

Dylan R. Semler wrote:
> Noah Markon wrote:
>

>>> Did you try creating your channels.conf with the script I attached last
>>> week?  I'd like to see if it has worked for anyone else.
>>>

>> I tried it, however we must have different times on our PCs, time -o
>> did nothing for me.
>>
>> I ended up modifing your script to just walk through my 300+ entries,
>> each time it would ask me if the channel was good or not. then I had
>> another script that made all the SQL for me, it would tune the channum
>> and then wait for me to input the channum number, then store the sql
>> statements.
>>
>> I ended up with 41 channels,  all the local HD channels, and a bunch
>> of SD channels. However I'm running into a problem watching the SD
>> channels. When I try and watch them, it like they're in slow motion.
>> The audio is choppy as is the video. Now this wouldn't be much of a
>> problem, since most of the channels i can record via my PVR150, but
>> there's 2 pbs stations that I really want to record TPT-Kids and
>> TPT-Create. Any body have any hints on how to get these SD stations to
>> tune in correctly?
>>

> I am having the exact same problems with my SD channels as well.  I
> don't really know what to do or weather it's a myth issue or a hardware
> issue.  I'm using an HD-3000 with the myth 18.1 rpms from atrpms.

Wild guesses:
Check that these channels are denoted as ATSC on the channel information
page reached from the channel editor in mythtv-setup.
Set the atscsrcid to null or zero for the SD channels. I noticed some
oddities on my digital SD channels before I forced that setting to zero
( I don't do HD... no output with a VIA SP13000 so I'm not even trying!).
I presume that the 'azap -r somechannel' plus 'cat
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > test.mpg' followed by 'mplayer test.mpg' works.

But does 'azap -r somechannel' followed by  'mplayer -vid x -aid y
/dev/dvr/adapter0/dvr0'  work, where you plug in the vid and aid numbers
found in the atscscan run?  If the latter works, I wonder if the
serviceid is actually correct.

The last suggestion is to download and compile an svn version of myth.
putting it into a different place (as recently discussed) and create a
new database ('mythtest') to use with that svn version, because
ultimately, it may be that the 18.1 version is just too old to do what
you want.

Geoff

--
       R. Geoffrey Newbury