[mythtv-users] Making the ASUS EN5750 quiet

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Thu Feb 9 16:10:02 UTC 2006

I have been running a test MythTV system on my desktop for about a month
now, and am ready to build a system that can actually sit in the living
room.  I bought the MSI Neo4 motherboard, so I needed a PCI-Express
graphics card.  Since everyone seems to say that the Nvidia 5000 series
is the way to go for XvMC, and I haven't been able to get my 6200 to
work with Myth and XvMC, I thought I would try the nvidia 5750 chipset.
  Unfortunately, the fan on this card is *loud*.  I had thought ASUS
made quiet products, so I took a chance.  Does anyone have any
experience with this card?  I have looked at the Zalman GPU coolers, and
don't think any of them will fit on this card....

Thanks,

Tim