[mythtv-users] Important Cable Question

cweisiger@i-55.com cweisiger at i-55.com
Thu Feb 9 20:15:29 UTC 2006

This may sound silly but I have a question regarding cable
and tv-tuner cards, in this case pvr-350.

I have cable service through Charter Communications..
and using their provided cable box. They have Digital
Cable service. (They also have High Def TV. I dont have this)
Does this mean that my pvr-350 wont work?
Will I have to get a different tv tuner card so i can
hook my cable line straight to my computer without having
to use my cable box for channels 1-125. Or will the pvr-350
work. Because I was wanting to get another tv tuner card
so i could hook up my cable box so i can record premium shows,
of course being able to record a show and watch a show
at the same time. And I was getting information off the list
here and it was recommended to either get a pvr-150 or 250.

If it wont work..Ill have to search for a proper tv tuner card.

I hope anyone understands what Im trying to ask