[mythtv-users] DVD Burning

Joshua Fechner phekno at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 01:02:07 UTC 2006

I've been trying to archive my shows to DVD using a script I found.

Here's the script:

!/bin/sh
mkfifo aud0
mkfifo vid0
mkfifo dvdmpg

mpeg2desc -a0 < $1 > aud0 &
mpeg2desc -v0 < $1 > vid0 &
mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0 &
dvdauthor -o $2 -f dvdmpg
dvdauthor -o $2 -T

rm aud0
rm vid0

When I use it I do "dvdwrite /video/[name of video] DVD" and it spits out a
directory named DVD.  Then I do "growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -dvd-video DVD" and
it makes a DVD.  When I play the DVD in my stand alone DVD player the fideo
is about 2/3 the size of the screen (i.e. it's all the way over to the left
of the screen and the rest is black).  I think I'm recording in 720x480 so
shouldn't this work?  I tried installing mythburn (the web program for
burning) and when I run it it deletes all of my videos so I have it set up
wrong.  Is there any howto explaining how to install it and make it work
well?  Also when I run ProjectX I get "Failed to load Main-Class manifest
attribute from /home/mfrisch/temp/ProjectX_Source_0.90.2/ProjectX.jar".  I
think I remember reading in another thread that I have the wrong JRE
installed, is that right?  And if so how do I fix it?  I'm running FC4 with
mythtv 0.18.1.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Phekno