[mythtv-users] XvMC Problem and Question

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 10 17:33:18 UTC 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 10:16 AM, Chad wrote:

> On 2/9/06, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I had this error after I compiled MythTV against an older nvidia-XvMC
> lib.  Once I upgraded and recompiled Myth against a newer one, it
> began working.  I believe the problem was that the XvMC lib had been
> updated and myth was still trying to use the old one, so once I
> recompiled myth against the new one (check your configure output to
> see what it's buidling against) it worked.
>
> Of course, I'm on a 32 bit CPU.  I too gave up on my 64-bit install of
> myth on main mythfrontend, but have XvMC working on it too now (it's
> on my desktop though).

Well using anything newer than the 7676 nVidia drivers will result in
the v-sync problem, and I haven't got up the nerve to use any version
of MythTV that lets me turn that off with a checkbox (guess I'm
waiting for a "release", soon now it seems).

I'm pretty certain that others have made XvMC work with 7676, albeit
on 32-bit machines perhaps.

I think the error is a pretty generic one, seems to mean "something
didn't work".

Thanks for the input.