[mythtv-users] XvMC Problem and Question

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 10 19:07:38 UTC 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 11:57 AM, Timothy Braje wrote:

> I am currently running AMD64 in 64bit mode on debian linux.  I have an
> ASUS EN5750 (nvidia 5750 chipset, pci-express).  I am running myth svn
> as of a few days ago, and the latest nvidia drivers.  I haven't done
> thorough testing, but XvMC seems to be working.  I haven't played with
> opengl v-sync, though...

I'm beginning to see a pattern. The only amd64 systems I have heard
of (so far) that work with XvMC, even a little bit,  are PCI-Express.
I've yet to hear of an AGP system working (subject to more data of
course).

I wonder if there might be a difference between the NVAGP and AGPGART
drivers as far as XvMC support. I'm using AGPGART, think I'll try NVAGP.