[mythtv-users] nuvexport video skipping

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:38:16 UTC 2006

Firstly, apollogies if this ends up posted twice, I tried to post earlier
but apparently I have to be signed up to post, so I've signed up (again) and
I'm not sure if there's any moderator around that would notice the original
message wasn't spam, sooo...

I'm having problems trying to encode one of my recordings with nuvexport.
The original file plays fine, but the encoded one has little bits where the
video skips around every ten seconds. Some parts of the video it does it
more than others.

Here's a clip of part of the video showing the skipping:

http://www.inaudible.co.uk/temp2/videoskiping.avi

I was encoding it with Transcode and XviD and tried with virtually every
combination of options I can think off - deinterlacing, VBR, multipass,
noise correction - I've even got FFMpeg working and tried to encode to DivX
and XviD with that. Whatever I do, it's still got the little image skips in.

It's nothing to do with the forced 4:3 ratio I used, as I've got another
episode of the same show that I've done the same thing with, and that's
fine. Nothing to do with keyframes as I checked in avidemux and they're in
different places from the skipping. Possibly nothing to do with nuvexport
versions as I was using a jan 18th (i think) version with some encodes, then
upgraded to the latest (jan 25th) and it's still the same (though it made
FFMpeg work *g*).

So, does anyone know what might be causing the skipping and how I can stop
it?

Christopher