[mythtv-users] s/pdif sound fc 4

Paul V. Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Sat Feb 11 03:16:52 UTC 2006

One thing that may be hurting you is if your receiver needs a specific
sample frequency.  This was my problem for a while and I needed to
experiment w/ mplayer's -srate option to figure out what my receiver
wanted (in my case 48000Hz).  To deal with 44.1kHz I added this to my
.asoundrc:

pcm.spdif2 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "spdif"
    slave.rate 48000
}

Now I have all the mythTV audio devices set to ALSA:spdif2 and
everything works :-).
Paul