[mythtv-users] Remote only works on every other button press

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sat Feb 11 07:53:31 UTC 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 02:26 pm, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I've just set up a new remote (one for a Yamaha RX-v630 receiver), I
> don't think lirc likes it much because it wouldn't let me record the
> key presses in irrecord unless I ran it in "force raw" mode.
>
> When I eventually got my config working I tried it out in MythTV. The
> strange thing is that it only works on every other button press. So if
> you're in a menu:
>
> - press DOWN --> moves down a line
> - then press DOWN again --> no action
> - then press DOWN again --> moves down a line
>
> This is the same for all of the keys. Every other button press seems
> to take no action.

Hi Phill,

The remote signal probably has a toggle bit.  My Austar remote has two codes
for each button but only one value changes.  It maybe used to detect if you
press the same button twice.  I just recorded the both codes and called them
the same name.

When sending Austar codes with USB-UIRT2 http://www.usbuirt.com/ I alternate
the toggle bit.

Paul