[mythtv-users] Compile problems on x86_64

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Sat Feb 11 12:22:38 UTC 2006

I'm trying to compile the latest SVN (8922) and I get the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/X11R6/lib64/libGL.a(glapi.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libGL.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've tried running the command with the suggested -fPIC flag, but this
has no effect.

I've recently changed a lot on my system by removing all the i386
packages so I can have a pure 64bit system.  In an effort to resolve the
 above issue I've reinstalled the xorg i386 packages, but the compile
error still occurs.

Has anyone else had this issue?

--
Graeme Hilton