[mythtv-users] Sharp Aquos 37D6U and DVI

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Feb 11 17:19:17 UTC 2006

OK, this is a long shot....  My cables finally got here, so I am trying
to get my Sharp LCD TV to talk to my PC.

I have a Matrox G550 video card with DVI-Out.  I can get DVI signal to
my LCD monitor with no problem.

But....  Using a DVI-HDMI cable I get nothing on the Sharp.

It sees the cable (the HDMI input is selectable) and X can get data from
it using DDC, so I would guess that the hardware is OK.

I am guessing that the Sharp is finicky about refresh rates....  And I
can't seem to hit on the magic modeline....

 From googling about, I need a 1368 x 768 modeline with 60Hz refresh and
46 kHz sync...  And I can't find one... I've tried the various
calculators out there, and I can't seem to make it work.

Apparently some of the older models had a 'PC Input' setting for HDMI;
this one does not.

Does anyone have one of these working?

Thanks,

--Yan