[mythtv-users] Multiple Plextor Audio Solution ???

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sun Feb 12 03:19:15 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 9:52 pm, Nathan Lutchansky wrote:

[...]

> The downside to this that I can think of is that you have some
> additional load on your processor to do the audio encoding.  Is there
> some other problem you've run into?
>
> > My mobo's integrated AC97 has only 1 PCM input, as I would assume is
> > true of most such devices.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a solution which would provide multiple PCM
> > inputs?
>
> Maybe I just don't understand what you're trying to do, but why can't
> you use the audio inputs on the ConvertX?  -Nathan

Someone made a comment earlier that Plextor units require a working sound
card (or at least a working ALSA/OSS system). I think he's asking if you
can record from multiple Plextor units without having multiple logical mixer
devices on the sound card.

No, you don't have to plug the Plextor units into a sound card directly.
But yes, you need ALSA/OSS for them to work. I'm not sure if there are
any issues with multiple units on the same machine or not.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net