[mythtv-users] Multiple Plextor Audio Solution ???

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 06:38:01 UTC 2006

On 2/11/06, Brian Edmonds <brian at gweep.ca> wrote:
> On 2/11/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> >> LiveTV works fine in 0.18.1.  At least it does with the Plextor I've
> >> got on my Debian Mac Mini.
> > Maybe Debian is applying a special patch?
>
> I built my 0.18.1 from source.
>
> Brian.

I'm completely lost reading this thread.  I have a Plextor ConvertX.
and use it with myth, it requires no sound card.  In fact in my
backend at home, when I had the convertx plugged into it (I'm on the
road now, and brough the convertx with me) has no sound card.  The
plextor recorded from a cable stream fine.  I would think you could
add multiple convertX boxes to a machine with no problem.  Each would
appear as a new /dev/videoX and /dev/dspX  and you can record away.
Playback would work through your soundcard just like playing any
multimedia file.  Live tv worked fine through the plextor for me.
I've used the plextor with .18, .18.1 and svn versions without a
problem.