[mythtv-users] Channel confusion

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 13 00:15:10 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:

> On 2/10/06, *Yan Seiner* <yan at seiner.com <mailto:yan at seiner.com>> wrote:
>
>     I have a question about channels...
>
>     Basically every digital channel has a duplicate, one from zap2it
>     and one
>     from scanning....  How should I resolve this?
>

> I had this same problem and resolved by taking the XMLTV ids from the
> zap2it channels, putting them in the scanned channel XMLTV id, then
> making the zap2it channels non-visible to the channel list

Could you break that down a bit for a myth newbie?  Do I dump the data
from mySQL or use the channel editor?  Is there a way to copy and paste
in the channel editor?  How do I make a channel invisible?

I thought I had this figured out, my test recording went fine, but this
AM recordings failed and the backend cannot tune any digital
channels.... :-(

--Yan