[mythtv-users] Overscan settings (TV Settings->Playback) not working anymore? (My bad)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 03:12:08 UTC 2006

--- Joe Votour <joevph at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just installed MythTV 0.19 this morning from
> source.
>  Since I was using a slightly customized version of
> 0.19 SVN, I deleted my database and recreated it.
>
> Since I use a PVR-350 (using Xv, not the MPEG-2
> decoder), I have to made adjustments on the picture
> because of the card's overscan.  In 0.18 this
> worked,
> and even in the 0.19SVN I was running (SVN8476 from
> January 1, 2006 as best as I can tell) it was
> working
> also, but in the 0.19-release, the values are
> ignored
> (I have huge black borders around my picture).
>
> The numbers show in the Playback screen, and in the
> database as well, it just seems that they're being
> ignored.
>
> The only change to my setup that I've made to get
> 0.19
> working is to install two RPMs, libdvdnav and
> libdvdnav-devel, so I could try out the internal DVD
> player.  Nothing else was changed from this morning,
> when all worked well.
>
> -- Joe

My bad...  Because the screen is partly chopped off on
the side at times (my TV is old and it looks like the
picture tube is starting to go), I missed that I had
"Use GUI size for TV playback" checked off, as per the
default settings.  Changing that and re-adjusting my
X/Y positions fixed everything.

Total PEBKAC (or is that PEBRAC?) moment.

Can't wait to get that 16:9 1080i VGA monitor that is
waiting for me at the office - definitely need to
bribe somebody to help me bring it home, and then I'm
off S-Video for MythTV forever.  :)

-- Joe