[mythtv-users] Controlling where commercial flagging happens

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Feb 13 15:02:25 UTC 2006

> Since this weekend, I've added a slave backend to my setup, which uses a
> PVR-250 for recording and writes the stream to an NFS mounted
> filesystem.
> Since there is hardly a CPU in the system, I would like the master
> backend to perform everything other than the actual capturing.
>
> Is there a way of setting the system up as such. I found a toggle that
> said "Commercial flagging only on the recording host", but turning that
> off does not do what I want.

Run mythtv-setup on each backend and go to the JobQueue page and turn on/off
the jobs you want to allow running on each particular backend.  You can
control each job individually (for instance if you want to run
commercial flagging and transcoding jobs on one backend and User Job #1 on
another instance of mythbackend running somewhere else.  If you want to have
a machine that just runs jobs and not a full-blown backend, you can just run
mythtv-setup to configure the jobqueue and then run mythjobqueue on that
server instead of mythbackend.

--
Chris