[mythtv-users] Upgrade to .19 with SVN

Stuart Larson halcyon at obfus.com
Mon Feb 13 16:17:33 UTC 2006

> I'm going to upgrade my boxes this coming weekend and wanted to get a grip
> on exactly how this needs to be done. They all are running SVN 7255, so
> what
> steps do I need to do in order to upgrade to .19 and what version is .19 -
> 8295?
>
> Does it generally follow the below:
>
> 1) uninstall Myth and Mythplugins application '$ mythtvssource: make
> uninstall'
>
> 2) download newer version from SVN 'svn co -r 8295
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv'<http://cvs.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv>
>
> 3) compile newer version of Myth: make mythtv.pro
>
> 4) install Myth: make install
>
> What about the database? Does that need to be backed up before doing the
> install?
>
> Thanks,

I upgraded to .19 this weekend on FC4 (went from RPMS to source version),
and I generally did the following:

Backup mythconverg
stop mythbackend and frontend on my machines
remove mythtv* packages with yum
download and untar the three files (Mythtv, mythplugins, myththemes)
generally, read the INSTALL or README file in the three directories, and
install using those instructions.
configure mythbackend service to start at boot, and start mythbackend.
Started mythfrontend and everything worked :D

Only problem I had was with mythweb, but following instructions in its
README got that going as well.

Thanks to the devs to the great job they've done on myth :D