[mythtv-users] Channel icons and /root.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 13 23:04:39 UTC 2006

On 02/13/2006 05:35 PM, Nathan Caldwell wrote:
> Is there a way to change where the channel icons are stored? The
> permissions I have on the root directory (0700) prevent anyone other
> than root from accessing this directory. Every time I try to import
> channel icons mythfilldatabase attempts to store the channel icons in
> /root/.mythtv (even when this is run as the mythtv user). Is there any
> way to get mythfilldatabase to use some other directory (like
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv

Run mythfilldatabase as the mythtv user...

> , or /usr/share/icons, or /var/cache, etc..)?

Nope, but you can download/make/acquire your own channel icons, place
them in the desired directory and

UPDATE channel
   SET icon = '/usr/share/mythtv/channels/iconname.png'
 WHERE chanid = <chanid>;

or whatever.  If an icon exists, mfdb won't try to download one...

Mike