[mythtv-users] smbmount from XP to FC4

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 06:24:16 UTC 2006

On 02/02/06, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> says:
> > I think [the smbfs incompatibility with files larger than 2GB] may
> > depend on what vsn of Samba and/or linux kernel you're running.
>
> I'd be surprised if otherwise. However, I ran into the issue with
> Fedora Core 4 and its latest 2.6.14 kernel and 3.0.14a samba packages;
> none of these is obscure or old.

Take a look at a thread called "Apache 2.2 for FC4" created today.  It
says "Anyway, I assume you need apache for serving to non-myth boxes.
For Linux boxes I'd use NFS and for Windows Samba. Both are known to
deal properly with 4GB sized files".

Recent versions of Samba are not limited to 2GB files.

Regards,
Phill